Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

July 04, 2014

#FridayPainting : Polzeath, Cornwall - Ride like the wind (II)


As an artist, I spend a lot of time alone in my studio.  I have a healthy appetite for solitude, so it's a place where I feel very happy.  However, there are times when I wonder (.... after all, we have only a very short life on this beautiful planet) .... I wonder if my precious life-energy is being used the best way.  But always, whenever doubt creeps in, I receive a note which touches and sustains me throughout my long studio days .... 

This message was from Tracy a week or so ago ....

Just had to say thank you for the seriously quick delivery but also please thank Mel for the fantastic A2 print - it is a present for my mother-in-law who will be 87, used to go to Polzeath every year where she owned a house and, up until a few years ago, rode her horse every day.  She always wanted to ride on the beach so I think she will love this picture.
Hope you are all well.
Tracy

Limited Edition Prints of the above painting can be ordered here : 

You can take a look at all my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery
Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Like my NEW page on Facebook
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...