Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

September 19, 2014

#FridayPainting : Echoes of grey, Isle of Mull, Scotland

Every day should contain a pleasure as simple as walking on the machair or singing to the seals.

The ripples on the beach and the veins in the rocks on the mountain show the same signature.

When we climb high enough we can find patches of snow untouched by the sun, parts of the spirit still intact.

The grand landscapes impress us with their weight and scale but it is the anonymous places, a hidden glen or a stretch of water without a name, that steal the heart.

Excerpt from Riasg Buidhe - A visit to the island of Colonsay, Inner Hebrides, April 1987 by Thomas A. Clark from Tormentil and Bleached Bones (Edinburgh: Polygon,1993).


You can take a look at my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery
Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Like my NEW page on Facebook 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...