Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

October 02, 2014

The Mowhay Gallery and Café, Daymer Bay in Cornwall

Hello friends!  This month, I'm featuring 6 paintings at the Mowhay Gallery and Café at Trebetherick in north Cornwall.  This offbeat family business is a Cornish gem.  Well known by locals, it's become a 'destination stop' for tourists.  The Mowhay is situated in a converted barn at the top of an old country lane which leads down to Daymer Bay.  (If you haven't already explored it, I highly recommend a walk on this unspoilt, stunning beach that often features in my paintings!). Delicious local Cornish produce can be enjoyed in the art-filled cafe, or outside in the sheltered garden.  I love The Mowhay, so do pop in if you're in Cornwall this October.

Freedom, Constantine Bay, Cornwall - painting and prints in my online shop



Golden Sands, near Rock, Cornwall - painting sold, prints in my online shop

Lone surfer, Treyarnon Bay, Cornwall - painting and prints in my online shop


Low tide, Daymer Bay, Cornwall - painting and prints in my online shop

The Mowhay Café and Gallery, Trebetherick, Wadebridge. PL27 6SE.
Contact Sandy or Amie on 01208 863660.

You can take a look at my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery

Ask me an arty question (love to hear from you!) and chat with me on Twitter
Other places you can fine me: Facebook and
 Pinterest 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...