Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

May 08, 2008

A daughter called Skye

We'd camped at Sligachan on the Isle of Skye.  Caught in a spell of high pressure, it was cool and dry.  The skies cleared revealing the jagged line of The Black Cuillin mountain range above us.  It's the stuff that dreams are made of.  At that time in my life I'd lay in bed thinking about the child I desperately wanted.  The odds weren't good.  When I returned to Cornwall I discovered I was pregnant.  As it turned out she's our only child and we named her Skye.

We are such stuff / As dreams are made on, and our little life / Is rounded with a sleep.
Shakespeare - The Tempest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...