Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

March 12, 2014

Beautiful Brittany

We've had our first spell of warm weather (22 degrees!), over here in beautiful Brittany ....  and with the sunshine came smiles and raised spirits .... a taste of the good times to come this summer.

I moved to Brittany six years ago - one of the things I love about living here is that there are so many places I can't wait to revisit and re-explore ....

Bénodet, situated on the mouth of the beautiful Odet estuary.


Pointe de la Torche, on the southern end of the Bay of Audierne.


Le Guilvinec and the incredible white sandy beach and emerald sea at La Steir plage.


Concarneau, with its historic walled port set within a contemporary modern town.


Audierne, an attractive old fishing town on the mouth of the Goyen river.


Brignogan plage, I challenge you not to be impressed by its incredible natural granite sculptures and clear torquoise water.


The magical Île de Siec at Dossen beach near Roscoff.


La Cote de Granit Rose, Brittany's most famous coastline of sparkling pink granite boulders.


View from Locquirec, on the gorgeous Douron Estuary, (my favourite local haunt, it never fails to brighten my day).


The Île Grande and Trégastel in Cote D'armor, a region of Brittany that brings back memories of the Scottish Hebrides.

Please take a look at my paintings in - Melanie McDonald Gallery
Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!) and chat with me on Twitter
Like my NEW page on Facebook
(Pinterest and pictures on Tumblr)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...