Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

June 01, 2014

From the studio : Constantine and Treyarnon Bay Paintings

I've just completed four new paintings featuring Treyarnon and Constantine Bays on the wild north coast of Cornwall.  From Newquay, it's a short drive along the clifftops to find these beautiful secluded bays, (with awesome aerial views over Watergate Bay en route!). Constantine Bay, and its neighbour Treyarnon Bay, somehow encapsulate all the things I love so much about Cornwall - clear northern light, a surprising sense of solitude, spectacular diving gulls, surfers catching waves .... and that special, tantalizing feeling, of the remote yet familiar.



Rolling Waves, Constantine Bay, Cornwall - Limited Edition Prints available.


Freedom, Constantine Bay, Cornwall - Limited Edition Prints available.

Gulls and Sea Sounds, Treyarnon Bay, Cornwall - Limited Edition Prints available.

Lone Surfer, Treyarnon Bay, Cornwall - Limited Edition Prints available.


Vogue UK March 2014 - this gull and ocean Seascape Silk Dress is by Missoni for their Spring collection.

If you like this post, please subscribe by email using the 'WEEKLY NEWS INTO YOUR INBOX' Form near the top of the page.

You can take a look at all my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery

Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Like my NEW page on Facebook
(Pinterest and pictures on Tumblr)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...