Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

November 04, 2016

#FridayPainting : Sunset, Harlyn, North Cornwall

Autumn leaves
Beauty's got a hold on me
Autumn leaves
Pretty as can be

You'll get by, move it on and let fate decide
And those watercoloured memories
Soft as a summer's breeze
You're as pretty as can be

Excerpt from Sand River written by Paul David Webb.

I discovered this beautiful song last week when I was painting in the studio.  Sung by Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man, it's just perfect for reflecting on a new painting...

Painting above: Sunset, Harlyn, North Cornwall from a selection of small paintings on paper.

You can take a look at all my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery
Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Like my NEW page on Facebook


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...