Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

December 18, 2012

Shadows and Reflections

It's the time of year when the sun hangs low in the sky and figures cast long thin shadows over the land.  For me, it's a special time of year for taking photographs ....
 Capturing moments with striking effects of light, shadow and reflection.
 Sometimes the photographs feel a bit like memory itself .... shimmering and grainy ....
 Paintings emerge slowly, created with many layers over many hours.
Pictures to be discovered slowly, parts put together to make a whole.  To be touched, wondered over and loved for a hundred years to come.


Painting top - Shadows and Reflections - Golden Evening II
Painting above - Shadows and Reflections - Golden Evening I

Please take a look around my NEW SHOP! Melanie McDonald online gallery shop!

Join the chat with me on Twitter
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest
Follow my pictures on Tumblr 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...