Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

March 20, 2008

Sad news


A Sunset for Minghella - Pentax Photo by Mel

This morning I read of the death of film director Anthony Minghella.

It was one of those 'OH, NO' moments where you exclaim loudly at the screen in disbelief.

I love 'The English Patient'. It's one of the few films which in my view is better than the book.

Over the years, I have read articles about Minghella with wonder and admiration. I remember reading about his struggle to raise money and his insistence on casting unknown actors like Kristen Scott Thomas.

The world will be a poorer place without him.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...