Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

October 11, 2008

Beautiful Brittany - Cotes-d'Armor and Finistere, Brittany.


Pointe de l'Arcouest, Cotes-d'Armor, Brittany


Plane Trails over the Ile de Brehat, Brittany


Early Morning, Pointe de l'Arcouest, Brittany

Parked up just a few steps away from the Baie de Goelo .... I could see a broad horizon of sea meeting the sky, and the beautiful Ile de Brehat in the distance.


Rain Coming in - Little Beach, West Finistere, Brittany


Upturned Boat, Western Finistere, Brittany


Wild Coast, Western Finistere, Brittany

The western tip of Finistere is wild - the wind blows and the rain falls in this spellbinding place. It reminds me of the west coast of Scotland and Land's End in Cornwall. A remote Celtic out-post, with great grey granite boulders and silver skies. Mystical and inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...