Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

June 23, 2010

I've just split up.


Photo: The 'I've just split up' collection poster for Tate Britain - London Tube.

I was actually heading for the Tate Britain when this poster caught my eye in the London tube. I didn't have time to read it until I downloaded it - and now it has me pondering. Words have been chosen here to advertise an art gallery - instead of a piece of art. And not by just any old art gallery - the Tate Britain, which 'holds the national collection of British art from 1500', (not to mention international work). Were they spoilt for choice? Perhaps, so they've cleverly opted for words talking about human emotions and how art can affect them. The poster spoke to me, and I haven't 'just split up', however if I had ...... I'd run to the arms of the Tate.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...