Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

September 11, 2010

Girl in the snapshot.


My emotions have been sloshing around like messy surf or the coffee in the drink holder of my Mini.

I remember saying to myself, 'Well - that's it, it's gone - I'll never be really happy again.'

But since I've been up at our 'farm on the hill'. I feel like I've stepped out of a shadow into the light. I'm fighting to become that girl from long ago who arrived in a foreign country with a dream.

Being here is forcing me to remember the girl in the snapshot on my computer screensaver. Compelling me to remember again what I'd banished - making me feel light-hearted. Forcing me to forget that frightening and sunless time.

Other posts you might like:

Watching from a great distance.
Moving to France - 4 weeks and counting.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...