Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

August 31, 2010

Starry, starry, night.


When she arrived on that cool summer morning, walking down the driveway and turning the corner, it seemed like she was returning to a place she had known existed but had forgotten. The crumbling old farmhouse with it's languishing cow byres and barns represented a background to a film set or dreamscape dimly recalled. I know this place, she thought, I'm going to live in this house and everything in it and surrounding it will remind me of love. And included in this love will be memories of shadows of past lovers and great oak trees on my walls, and in the mirror of my sitting room and on the ceiling of my bedroom.

With a nod to Doris Lessing and her novel 'Love Again'.

Other posts you might like:
Second cancer month.
A year in Brittany, France.

Painting featured: Starry, starry, night, Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...