Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

July 19, 2011

Window reflections.

The bright light makes me look at my reflection instead of the window display.


I mingle with the street scene behind me.
People pass by, making shadows like clouds passing over the sun.


Is this the way I look to others?
The girl with the fly away light brown hair.


I cast a searching look at my reflection.
Who is she?


Human beings can not be viewed like houses, trees and stars.


What are her desires and hopes, fears and prejudices?


How well do I know myself?

P.S. With a nod to The Night Train to Lisbon by Pascal Mercier 2004.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...