Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

May 15, 2012

Between us.


Sometimes, Soraya sleeping next to me, I lay in bed and listened to the screen door swinging open and shut with the breeze, to the crickets chirping in the yard.  And I could almost feel the emptiness in Soraya's womb, like it was a living, breathing thing.  It had seeped into our marriage, that emptiness, into our laughs, and our love-making.  And late at night, in the darkness of our room, I'd feel it rising from Soraya and settling between us.  Sleeping between us.  Like a newborn child.


Excerpt from The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Painting: Curled Pink Nude, Private Collection

Painting website http://www.melaniemcdonald.co.uk/

Join the chat with me on Twitter
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest
Follow my pictures on Tumblr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...