Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

May 02, 2012

Wishing to be part of it all ....

My thoughts skimmed to This reminded me of your place ....., which I had left with its corner folded in my mind ..... and that although my heart remains in Cornwall, I feel I could be falling passionately in love with Roscerff Farm.
The slates inside the front door hollowed by ten thousand steps of wooden clogs.
The colossal chimney where the dogs warmed themselves in the century old photo, and still warm themselves today.
The silent courtyard among the family of small granite houses where barn owls swoop whitely and bats flit to their home through the arch, above the well.
The jungle of ancient oaks and cider apples trees tumbling down to the meandering Yar river, bubbling eternally towards the bay.
So when the huge red sun rises over the oak ridge and the moon in all its phases travels over the blue black sky,
I find myself wishing to be part of it all, to know this place, its history and people, to stay long enough to love and nurture ....



Join the chat with me on Twitter
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest
Follow my pictures on Tumblr



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...