Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

June 05, 2012

Surfing Art All Summer Long .....

I received an email from the always charming Kris Lannen at the Tubestation which made me jump for joy.  He and the Tubestation Crew are so stoked with the way my paintings fit with the New Look that he'd like to show them All Summer Long .....
The Tubestation is bang opposite Polzeath beach.  It has a curious history, originally a rustic hut founded in a farmer's field and known as The Old Tin Tabernacle.  In 1932 the hut was replaced by the Methodist School Hall, now converted into the large light filled space known as the Tubestation Surf Lounge.  The room is energized with indoor skate ramp and eclectic mix of retro furniture.  Upcycled surfboards hang in the roof space, wall hung TVs expo your fave surf movies, not to mention the soulful Surf Art on the walls.
So while the kids are practicing their tricks on the skate ramp, the rest of us can chill out on the 70's style chesterfields with a mug of Tube Time coffee and a homemade cake from Marta.
I'm pretty passionate about these kind of community venues and love the idea of being able to support it in a small way.  I felt instantly that my paintings suited the vibe of this beautiful place ....
If you find yourself in North Cornwall .... take time to relax and be inspired in Polzeath .... seriously, no pressure .... just be.



Painting website http://www.melaniemcdonald.co.uk/

Join the chat with me on Twitter
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest
Follow my pictures on Tumblr 





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...