Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

November 08, 2012

For the love of Grey ....

She had her nose pressed up to the window pane, like she used to when she was half her age.  What's it like out there?  I asked, Oh .... It's grey, just grey, she said, dull, you know.

I can see her point, but I love grey .....

Silvery seas Rhum Scotland

Silver grey mornings with pearl skies and heartbreaking light upon the sea.

Changing weather, Camel Estuary, Cornwall

Luminous bright grey and spilt coffee coloured clouds, vivid as a memory.

Atlantic Surfers Polzeath, Cornwall

Gentle paintbox grey with the Atlantic before me.

Rock, Cornwall - shimmering light and salty air

Dove grey skies and soft salt laden light.

Morning Surfers, Polzeath, Cornwall

Mouse grey, the very colour of winter.

Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall - we stood on the beach in the wild air

Woodsmoke grey, tumbling in wind blurred light.

Rivers turning to oceans, Isle of Mull, Scotland

Slate grey like a dream of the future.

Winter skies looking towards Polzeath, Cornwall

Vital grey leaving me breathless ....



NEW! NEW! NEW! Melanie McDonald online gallery shop!

Prints and Canvas Wrap Prints of the above paintings hand-made to order.

Paintings at Melanie McDonald Gallery

Join the chat with me on Twitter
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest
Follow my pictures on Tumblr 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...