Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

December 27, 2013

#FridayPainting : Starry, starry, night, Isle of Skye, Scotland

I love this painting because it reminds me of a time in my life when I was younger, and more carefree.

We'd camped at Staffin Bay on the Isle of Skye, (years ago, me and the Scottish man I'd met).  Our tent, pushed up against the grey rocks to shield us from the wind.  I remember the nights full of stars, we made fires and gazed towards the quiet croft.  We wondered what it would be like to live in such a magical place by the sparkling sea.

(p.s. I love my 'younger, and more carefree' days so much that I've kept this painting!).

(p.p.s. If you like this painting, I have some Limited Edition Prints of Starry, starry, night, Isle of Skye, Scotland in my online shop .  Please say Hello @MelMcDonaldArt on Twitter or keep in touch and Like my Facebook Page for latest news and events! ).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...