Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

February 11, 2014

In my studio recently!

So, what are you working on Mel? she enquired.
It's hard to explain, (I was on the phone), so I thought I'd send a few photos instead ....

Sunshine, shadows and some creative vibes.

Four long narrow canvasses, started (but not finished).

My inspiration wall ... wintry beaches and solitary figures.

Note to self : remember to experiment, (go with the flow).

The 'making' is a thing in itself.

Arriving at something that resonates, (hopefully).


Four long narrow canvasses, now finished.




It sort of ended up as I'd planned ... but then again, not quite .... maybe next time.

p.s. The four new paintings above are of the Camel Estuary, near Rock, in Cornwall. Take a look at other paintings of Daymer Bay and the Camel Estuary in my online shop.

Say hello @MelMcDonaldArt on Twitter 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...