Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

October 08, 2014

Spot the Artist Exhibition - St. Ives, Cornwall


During the St. Ives September Festival, something extraordinary happened.  At the historic St. Ives School of Painting people started queuing 24 hours before (such enthusiasm!) the doors opened for the 'Spot the Artist' Exhibition. Sixty paintings were sold in the first 15 rather manic minutes, (the sales are limited to three per buyer). By 2.30 pm, the exhibition had raised an impressive £8,500.00 - enabling The Rotary Club of St. Ives to give support to charity and good causes, including one of my favourites - Shelterbox.  Around 220 awesome artists, many of whom are famous, contributed an 'anonymous' postcard-sized piece of original art.  If you'd like to get involved next year, please contact The Rotary Club of St. Ives Cornwall.
P.s. My little painting - Eventide, Cornwall, was sold to the 16th person in the queue!  Signed on the reverse, of course, Spot the Artist!
Browse my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery
Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Other places to say Hi! Facebook  Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...