Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

October 02, 2015

#FridayPainting: Memories of the beach, Polzeath

We went to the beach to get wind in our hair
to stand on the sand and simply to stare.
To let the surf tickle toes and dampen our clothes
as we played 'run away'
from the wavelets at play.
 
We went to the beach to climb on the rocks
find cool shallow pools where we'd take of our socks,
and peer in the waters to see what we might find
that the waves of the sea,
had last left behind.
 
We went to the beach to find coloured shells
the kind that when placed to our ears
make the sound of the ocean appear,
and gathered rocks that we never would find
in the places we walked,
for most of the time.
 
We went to the beach and all that, we did find
and the smell of the salt refreshed our tired minds.
I'll never forget the laughter and sounds
and the freedom to run,
on that wet sandy ground.
 
We went to the beach my family and I
and there we were one,
with the ocean, the beach and the sky.
 
I discovered this wonderful poem called 'Memories of the Beach', written by David Taylor... and loved it so much that I named this painting after it. 
(P.s. I've hunted the internet for more info about David, but have been unable to discover more...)
 
You can read more beautiful poems by David Taylor here.
 
Browse my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery
Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on Twitter
Other places to say Hi! Facebook  Pinterest
 
Browse my photographs at - Melanie McDonald Photography 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...