Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

September 15, 2017

#FridayPainting : Gull Watching, Daymer Bay, Cornwall


I'm not one who makes believe
I know that leaves are green
They only change to brown when autumn comes around
I know just what I say
Today's not yesterday
And all things have an ending

But what I'd like to know
Is could a place like this exist so beautiful
Or do we have to find our wings and fly away
To the vision in our mind?

Excerpt from the song 'Visions' by Stevie Wonder.  This track is from one of my most played albums of all time - 'Innervisions' (1973).  A brilliant album which I play at top volume when I Really need to finish a painting!

Painting above: Gull watching, Daymer Bay, Cornwall

You can take a look at all my paintings at - Melanie McDonald Gallery
Or come and say Hello, ask a question (love to hear from you!), and chat with me on TwitterLike my NEW page on Facebook 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...