Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

November 20, 2007

Surfer Photos




The world famous Fistral Beach in Newquay, Cornwall is one of my favourite locations. I live next to it.

My current series of paintings has been inspired by this wonderful beach.  I love the light, the open space, atmospheric weather conditions and shapes of the surfers with their boards. I can often be found wandering, with my old Pentax camera (and faithful hound in tow), taking photos and making thumbnail sketches in my notebook.  Scribbling notes on composition, colour, texture, proportion, canvas size and shape as I go.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...