Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

August 15, 2010

Echoes of grey.


A life packed into a suitcase. I envied her as I sat on the floor surrounded by boxes - floating in a dead sea of books, ornaments and crockery. I pictured her, a small spare lady with the same surname. In her twilight years staring out at the mountains and sky. Her life sheltering beside her in a bedside cabinet. A memoir stowed away in the drawer - wedding ring, christening shoe, small smiling family in a photo. I envied her as I wedged more stuff into an overpacked removal van.

Other post you might like:
Reading poetry by Sylvia Plath, thing about my husband.
Staffin Bay, Isle of Skye.

Painting featured: Echoes of grey, Isle of Mull, Scotland.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...