Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

August 05, 2010

Gentle Atlantic breeze.


She said she wanted to go home, and that even though it was beautiful here, so luminous and wild, she didn't feel settled, it didn't feel right.

I told her that I live happily in a place while deeply missing somewhere else. I too have a strong nostalgia for long lost shores. But I didn't tell her that this is not for Cornwall - it's for a special sparkling hidden place in my heart. Like an island on the horizon that I'm rowing towards, a safe haven.

Other posts you might like:
Finding Meaning.
Paint inspired memories.

Painting featured: Gentle Atlantic Breeze, Polzeath, Cornwall.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...