Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

October 23, 2010

C.L.I.C. Sargent Charity - Newquay Ball, Cornwall





Out on the ocean sailing away,
I can hardly wait,
To see you to come of age,
But I guess we'll both,
Just have to be patient,
Yes it's a long way to go,
But in the meantime,

Before you cross the street,
Take my hand,
Life is just what happens to you,
While your busy making other plans...

Lyrics from - Beautiful Boy by John Lennon

This painting was donated to a charity auction at Hotel Bristol, Newquay, Cornwall on Saturday 9th October 2010, helping to raise in the region of £8,000.00 for C.L.I.C. Sargent Charity, which gives support to children and young people suffering from cancer and their families.

The lyrics are from the song 'Beautiful Boy' by John Lennon who wrote it for his son. John would have celebrated his 70th birthday on the day of the auction.

Please view my collection of paintings at Melanie McDonald Gallery

Join the chat with me on Twitter
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest
Follow my pictures on Tumblr 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...