Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

November 11, 2010

On the shore. Polzeath, Cornwall.


'I just need to stand on a beach somewhere', she said. She'd called me on Skype. I can see her face. It still gets me every time. 'I love London, but .... well, you know what I mean ....'. She looks me in the eye. I know. I was born in London. Soft leather soles hitting hard heavy pavements. In Marylebone, above an antique shop. The people who live in London walk the furthest of any city I've heard. Leaden streets, soft soles of feet .... I know what she means. Fine sand between my toes. Bodies crowd the cities as the soles of their feet yearn for the sea.

Other posts you might like:
Surfer Paintings - from this to that.
Surfer paintings at Polzeath, Cornwall.

Painting featured: On the shore, Polzeath, Cornwall.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...