Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

January 11, 2011

Fistral Beach, Cornwall. BLUE.



She suddenly reminded me of 'Tangled up in Blue'. That old Dylan song. The tall thin lady with her intense look and two beautiful children. It's New Year's Eve. I've met her before at the beach in the summer. Embroidered flowers on her jeans. Memories of razor shells, seaweed and a lesson in marine biology. A lover of animals. She's brought along a slim glossy black puppy and her children with musical names. And she's talking about the feeling of blue. A glass of wine in her hand, at the old pine table with friends all around. 200 meters of it underneath you and 40 meters above. Hanging from a rope somewhere in the middle of the ocean. With a camera and a big stick in case of sharks. We were all hanging there with her. Infinite everlasting Atlantic blue. And only odd worries about dropping the camera or stick. Hanging off the end of her rope, she reminded me of a different point of view. Like the song.

Other posts you might like:
Camusdarach or paradise.
Paintings Polzeath, Cornwall.
Painting featured: Fistral Beach Scene, Cornwall.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...