Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

December 29, 2010

Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall - Freedom across oceans and skies...


I haven't been on a train for years. Blur of porous celtic sky streaking past. 'Yeah, shot down', said a voice. Louder than he meant to. Above the thrum or nerves perhaps. Glimpse iphone touching pink ear touching cloud of window. Obscured by nasty royal blue velour. Uncut strawberry blond hair, freckled hand like a small boy's. 'Yeah, just out, pumped full of morphine'. Touching a scar like a habit. New pink in blond hair. 'Lost me tail, yeah, can't remember, just shrapnel coming towards me'. Friendship bracelet. 'Had to rebuild me leg, teach me to walk again'. Film of blue green landscape rushing past like life. 'Offered me honorable discharge but I'm going back up'. Up into the impermeable blue of a foreign sky, flying faster than the speed of sound in a supersonic fighter jet. 'Then I'm going to uni'. Next stop Cornwall. Place of surf, safe blue skies and soundless good byes.

Other posts you might like:
Surfer Research
Surfer Paintings, from this to that.

Painting featured: Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall - Freedom across oceans and skies...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...