Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

September 11, 2011

The end of another summer.



It throws me off balance every year, the new faded morning light announcing winter.

Goodbye bright light and glorious dazzle.

Goodbye sweltering air that makes you want to flee to the shadows.

Watery sun like a consolation prize.

How does it make you feel .... when sharp edges become blurred outlines?

The end of another summer

.... what have I done since May?




Post inspired by Night Train to Lisbon by Pascal Mercier.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...