Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

August 21, 2013

Studio photographs

When you enter an art gallery and see paintings displayed beautifully in a white room, it's hard to imagine everything that's gone before.  For me, creative inspiration takes place in my studio .... yes - it's set in motion by time spent on the coast, looking intensely and taking photos, but the real stuff takes place here, in my studio ....



Near Rock, Cornwall - Memories of sunlight, sandy coves and shallow seas. Painting above

Night Closing In, Mount's Bay, Cornwall. Painting above.

Evening Walk on the Wild Beach (Pors Ar Villec), Locquirec, Brittany. Painting above.

French Essence, Brittany Beach Walk. Painting above.

Kite Surfer - Ocean Motion. Painting above.

Summer Spice. Painting above.

Life Is Good, Fistral Beach. Painting above.

Surfer Returning, Fistral Beach. Painting above.

Early Winter Rider, St.Michael's Mount, Cornwall. Painting above.

Riding into the Sun, Les Sables Blancs, Brittany. Painting above.


Prints of my paintings in my New! Online Shop

Paintings at Melanie McDonald Gallery 

Join the chat with me on Twitter 
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest 
Follow my pictures on Tumblr 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...