Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

November 29, 2013

#FridayPainting : On the shore, Polzeath, Cornwall

I love this painting because it has travelled to three Celtic lands ....

It's a painting of my favourite surf beach at Polzeath in windblown north Cornwall, where I went to school and lived for many years.  The picture was created on another ragged Celtic peninsula, over here in my studio in Brittany, France - where I now live.  And it was bought by a couple who live in Scotland, which my Scottish husband still calls home.  In the picture, I've tried to conjure up that legendary Celtic winter light, using ethereal grey blues and stone colours.  I like to think it has captured the romance which fascinates and lures us to these wild northerly outposts.

p.s. And because it's Friday, and I'm feeling festive, I'm offering BUY ONE PRINT, GET THE 2ND FREE ! - on all Limited Edition paper prints in my online shop >> Melanie McDonald Shop

Painting above :  On the shore, Polzeath, Cornwall - prints here !


p.p.s Please say hello online @MelMcDonaldArt on Twitter 
Or stay in touch and Like my Facebook Page for latest news and events!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...