Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

April 16, 2009

Camel Estuary, Rock, Cornwall - photos that inspire.



Late afternoon walk, Camel Estuary near Rock, North Cornwall.

It's time to move on to a new series of work, I've decided to paint a second collection of canvasses based around these photos of the Camel Estuary near Rock in North Cornwall. The photos are a few years old and the first collection of paintings have all been sold. I can still remember the drama of the light on that particular day .... the black line of the headland, procellous clouds, shimmering beauty of the water .....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...